Cheltenham and District Carers and Families was set up in 1990. We are a family support
group for families and carers who care for children with special needs. We provide
mutual support, information exchange and holiday activities. Support is given to
the whole family - they are all special.
CADCAF offers real and positive help to each and every member. Our children may have
physical, mental or multiple handicaps. Others have developmental delay or may be
The group works on a membership basis for which the yearly subscription is £24.00.
When you have filled in your membership forms and joined as a member you are able
to attend any activities/events we are running.
We offer the following:
- Support for the whole family - they are all special.
- The facility to share information and offer mutual support eg. ideas on coping strategies,
special diets, toileting etc.
- Support for parents working with social services, education and health.
- Holiday activities such as arts and crafts, horse riding, swimming, bowling, coach
- A variety of relaxation therapies at subsidised costs.
- Personal counselling for parents and carers.
- Family Support Worker available for advice and informal listening service.
- Coffee mornings.
- Information exchange.
- After School Club (Wednesdays only).
- Volunteering opportunities.
The aims of CADCAF are as follows:
- To enable parents and carers to share information and offer mutual support eg. ideas
on coping strategies, special diets etc.
- To represent the views of the carers and families with statutory bodies.
- To create a network of friends and have fun!
- To help our special children to achieve their highest potential, by giving them extra
support and encouragement, providing them with the opportunity to sample lots of
different experiences and challenges, in order to gain self-confidence and develop
both their practical and their social skills.